by Catherine J. Bell
Wullie’s in a jam! He’s covered in oranges waiting to be made into marmalade, preferably with shredded peel and his bucket’s replaced with a big ceramic jar. Dundee was home to the first commercial brand of marmalade and ceramic jars from this iconic brand can be found the country over!
Thick Cut's artist Catherine gained her BA(Hons) Design from Glasgow School of Art in 2007, spending 4 years as a graduate assistant in the ceramics department before undertaking her Masters. She now tutors in ceramics in Hamilton, South Lanarkshire. Catherine’s work is influenced by history, a good story and a love of the unusual.
This figurine is a miniature version of a sculpture featured in the public art trail Oor Wullie’s Bucket Trail, which animated Dundee from June to August 2016 - a perfect memento of the event! Keep the fun alive and bring the trail home by purchasing this fun and rare figurine.
An agreed proportion of the price of this figurine will support sick children in Scotland through The Archie Foundation (Registered Charity Number: SC039521).
• A miniature version of the sculpture ‘Thick Cut’, featured in Oor Wullie’s Bucket Trail
• Collectable figurine
• A perfect gift for fans of Oor Wullie’s Bucket Trail, Oor Wullie himself and Wild in Art’s trails!
• Comes in a beautiful branded giftbox
• Height: approx. 17 cm
• Manufactured under licence by Wild in Art Ltd. www.wildinart.co.uk
• This is not a toy. Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 5 years old.