Who we are & what this policy covers
- Our websites & online shops
- Our mobile applications and
- Our email newsletters
Information we collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us and automatically through operating our services.
Information you provide to us
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information that you provide to us to help us deliver our Services including:
- name and job title
- contact information including email addresses
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our products;
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us for event information and assets (for example sponsors, artists, and learning and community groups);
(d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering to use our mobile application services, or subscribing to email notifications and/or newsletters;
(e) any other information that you choose to send to us.
Information we collect automatically
We collect the following kinds of information automatically:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation;
(c) Our advertisers may also send you cookies. Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
How we use information
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
To deliver our Services
- To provide our Services, for example, to communicate with you, to set up and maintain your account, to review your submissions and to send to you goods purchased via the website;
- To send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
To develop and improve our Services
- To further develop our Services, to understand our users needs and provide a better service by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier and more enjoyable to use;
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Wild in Art and others;
To communicate with you
- To send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications, email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- To send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Wild in Art and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback for market research and event evaluation, or keep you up to date on Wild in Art and our products;
For event evaluation
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
To personalise your experience
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Wild in Art Subsidiaries, Employees and Independent Contractors
Third Party Vendors
We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
As Required by Law
We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about Wild in Art users, please see our Legal Guidelines.
With your consent
We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, within some of our mobile applications there is the option to submit your image and twitter handle to be featured on Ocean Outdoor’s Big Screens. By submitting your image and twitter handle you understand your image and twitter handle could be selected and shared with Ocean Outdoor and featured publicly on one or more of Ocean Outdoor’s public digital displays and shared on twitter by Wild in Art or associated event account. In addition, we may periodically send you marketing and promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research and event event evaluation purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or post. We may use the information to customise and enhance your online experience according to your interests.
Aggregated and Anonymised Information
We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Other Site Owners – Event Partners
Wild in Art work with Event Partners to deliver, maintain and manage our Services. If you have an online account your IP address and the email address associated with your account will be shared with the Event Partner administrator(s) of our websites and mobile applications. We require Event Partners to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
Information shared publicly
Information that you choose to make public is – you guessed it – disclosed publicly. That means, the public will see it and may use/share that content. You bear sole responsibility for the photos which you choose to post on the app. By posting photos, you are warranting that you have the permission and authority to do so.
In posting photos to the mobile application, you grant to Wild in Art and event partner an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable licence to publish, display, copy, modify, create derivative works from and distribute the photos on the service. You’re also granting us the licence to use the photos in any way for the purpose of publicising the service and to grant sub-licences on the same basis.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
International Data Transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries including the United States, Japan, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your personal information?
- Email Newsletters – if a subscriber hasn’t actively engaged with us for 3 years, they will be moved to an archive folder before being deleted permanently.
- Online transactions – we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
- Snowdog Collectors Club – we retain your registered Snowdog figurines so that you can review your collection online and to improve the relevancy of products, content and offers we recommend.
- Mobile Application – we retain your personal data in order to identify your account and communicate with you if you require support. If you submit your photo and twitter handle for the chance to be featured across Ocean Outdoor’s public digital displays you grant Wild in Art and Ocean Outdoor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable licence to publish, display, copy, modify, create derivative works from and distribute the photos on the service. You’re also granting us the licence to use the photos in any way for the purpose of publicising the service and to grant sub-licences on the same basis.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Limit the Information that You Provide
If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services, for example paid products, may not be accessible.
Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device
Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like showing your location or uploading a photograph, for example).
Opt-Out of Electronic Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies
At this time, Wild in Art does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Wild in Art’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Wild in Art’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Other things to note (keep reading)
Third Party Websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
17.07.2018: Updated the ‘Sharing Information, With your consent’ section with Ocean Outdoor’s public digital displays via the mobile application.
24.05.2018: Added the ‘How long do we keep your personal information’ section.